Home - Game Servers - Webhosting - Dedicated Servers - Voice Servers
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck on Wait For Host screen

Question Stuck on Wait For Host screen

Occasionally when we update the server with ACE, new Islands or other mods it won't get to the map/mission select menu.

Players can join but are stuck on the black Wait for Host screen...with no error or explaination.

Due to this we try and keep things simple(ish) to keep things groovy. However, ACE and the islands normally work and update perfectly.
    [I update ACE using six-updater and then FileZilla to update server]

This error is rare but effectively suspends the server so no one can play on it.

Please can somebody shed some light on to what is happening here??

My own personal theory is that could be something to do with out-dated missions from older versions of islands.....maybe....it's a hard one to test.

Many thanks for any help received!

We've been having exactly the same problem on a non-ACE server, believe its a feature BI added in the 1.05 patch.

Only solution seems to be restart the server from the control panel.

This is the 1st time ive set up a server with Gaming Deluxe, I've had some troubles mostly due to me and have been throwing back errors. However now all the errors are creased out and it all looks good, the server appears in the multiplayer list as it should. I can connect to the server with my password fine, the initial messages appear as they should lower left but like these guys it just stays on the 'wait for host' black screen. Has any one found a fix for this yet?

Mods: CBA,ACE,(all the ACEX), ACRE, JayArma2Lib

I tried removing all the mods from the command line in the server CP and the problem still persists.

I also use Six Updater and FileZila

Hi Tim

sorry i couldnt help you further last night, regards this black screen waiting for host its quite a common issue when configuring mods that over write core functions of the game, im guessing the waiting for host black screen is a simple server timeout screen on verifying server/client versions, could you exit the game ok?

as i suggested last night the best thing to do is start from scratch with a vanilla server, and test your addons one by one as you add them so you can pinpoint the issue
    Support Staff
    GamingDeluxe Ltd

chat live via irc http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=gamingdeluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Hi Tim

sorry i couldnt help you further last night, regards this black screen waiting for host its quite a common issue when configuring mods that over write core functions of the game, im guessing the waiting for host black screen is a simple server timeout screen on verifying server/client versions, could you exit the game ok?

as i suggested last night the best thing to do is start from scratch with a vanilla server, and test your addons one by one as you add them so you can pinpoint the issue
    thats the best thing to do
    and are you running battleye on the server i know there has been some issues with battleye and jayarmalib that caused disconnections due to battleye problems

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information